Coconut Rice Pudding With Mango
Prep time: 10 min. Cooking time: 30 to 35 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice (not converted) - I used Basmati
- 1 can (14 oz.) low-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Combine rice, coconut milk, milk, sugar, and salt in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is cooked and pudding is thick.
- Transfer to serving bowl, stir in diced mango, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cool.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted flaked coconut. Makes 4 servings; 4 cups. Per serving: 312 cals. (33% from fat); 11g fat.