Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coconut Rice Pudding With Mango

My son had been wanting me to make this old Redbook recipe he saw from my vast collection.  I finally made it recently and we all liked it, including my 1 year-old.  The only thing I would do different is cook the rice extra and consider adding slivered almonds.

Coconut Rice Pudding With Mango
Prep time:  10 min.  Cooking time:  30 to 35 min.
  • 1/2 cup uncooked white rice (not converted) - I used Basmati
  • 1 can (14 oz.) low-fat coconut milk
  • 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup diced mango
  • 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
  1. Combine rice, coconut milk, milk, sugar, and salt in a 3-quart saucepan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is cooked and pudding is thick.
  2. Transfer to serving bowl, stir in diced mango, and cover with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate until cool.
  3. Serve sprinkled with toasted flaked coconut.  Makes 4 servings; 4 cups.  Per serving:  312 cals. (33% from fat); 11g fat.